What is Flextype?
Flextype was founded in March 2018 as lightweight alternative to other heavy and outdated CMS. Many people use complex solutions for simple pages, unnecessarily. Building this content management system, we focused on simplicity - even novice webmaster adapt his template and writes his own plugin. To achieve this, we implemented a simple but powerful API's.
With Flextype, you are in complete control. Design your data structure the way you want. Update and share your data with others and teams using version control. Flextype does not require MySQL database, because all the data are collected in a simple files. Perfect portability when changing your hosting provider. Just copy all the files from one account to another.
The underlying architecture of Flextype is built using well established and best-in-class technologies. This is to ensure that Flextype is simple to use and easy to extend. Some of these key technologies include:
- Slim PHP: Framework for powerful web applications and APIs.
- Doctrine Project: A set of decoupled and reusable PHP libraries for powerful web applications.
- The PHP League: The League of Extraordinary PHP Packages well tested and using modern coding standards.
- Respect Validation: The most awesome validation engine ever created for PHP.
Flextype is an MIT-licensed open source project and completely free to use.
However, the amount of effort needed to maintain and develop new features for the project is not sustainable without proper financial backing. You can support it's ongoing development by being a backer or a sponsor:
- Become a backer or sponsor on Patreon.
- One-time donation via PayPal, QIWI, Sberbank, Yandex
- Visit our Sponsors & Backers page
Flextype Press kit
You can find a summary about Flextype, including Flextype logos and press information, on our press kit page.